Sunday

Michelle and Jason's Engagement Session

Michelle and Jason are getting married this July in Tettegouche State Park, which is north of Duluth. I am so excited for their wedding, it will be so beautiful! They love spending time outdoors and they really wanted to do some winter engagement pics. The weather actually was really nice on our first choice of days. I photographed this session in the area around Lake Como in St. Paul, MN.

I can't believe the luck we had! As we approached a bridge we spotted a red-tailed hawk perched on the railing. I posed them looking at each other and asked them to side step very slowly towards the hawk. I expected that they would take a step or two and hawk would fly off. It didn't! They got within 12 feet or so and Jason says "I think this is as close as we should get". I agreed! At this point there were 4 other people with us on the bridge getting a close up look at this beautiful bird. What an amazing experience!












No comments: